Hi. As you all well know I have a dog, I have a car and I thought - hey, why not drive down to Mexico? Well... it was a little more in depth than that, but y'all got the idea. In the posts that will follow, I hope to share some of my experiences, both the good and the bad. Of which I figure will fall into the catagory of either; a girl, or the dog, or the car. Hopefully there will be funny ones to counter the not-so-funny ones, but I can't create the story unitl it happens.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Beach party

Apparently the girl with the beach house has to have a beach party. Or, so I have been told. So tomorrow afternoon everyone that Ginny, the gal from Seattle, sees she tells to come over. Imagine that, less than a week here and I am already having a beach party....complete with beach ball and good food to boot. Oh, and a couple of drinks...apparently the boys will all be in charge of that though.

It has been great meeting Ginny as she has introduced me to all sorts of peeps. I walked into her restaurant last night and knew about half of the crowd there. How is that for quick social skills? And she and a couple of others have already planned a trip down to see me in Sayulita (my next destination) for a couple of days.

Sometimes she just will show up at the beach house with her pathfinder full of boogie boards and say, c'mon time to hit the waves. I can see how having a beach house could be addicting whether in San Blas or Laguna. Maybe MTV would like to make a reality show about me and my beach house. Quite fun I say. However my unemployed status would make it difficult to keep up the rent on a beach house for very long, it still is a good dream!

I'm going to attempt to learn how to surf on Tuesday, wish me luck with that! I hear there is a massage therapist at the surf camp, I will probably be in dire need. But the waves are not big here and the beach is complete sand so I am hoping the ride isn't too rough for me.

Yesterday I rode into town and hit the Saturday market, also known by me as the swap meet. You can buy everything you would need there from jeans, to knives (I did purchase one of those) to laundry detergant, shampoo and vegetables. I would liken it to the swap meet down south of Seattle. Although I am sure many of you reading this have never been, but if you have you would understand.

Today, being Sunday and all, I am taking it easy. Maybe it has something to do with the margy's I had last night...? Oh wait, I guess being in Mexico I have been taking it easy, real easy.

My best to all of you, and to the Seahawks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home